Saturday, January 1, 2011

First things first, on the first of the first!

1/1/11  One. Uno. Tahi.

This is the perfect time to set some goals! And for motivation? Throw in some Big Fat Whys! The trick is to make your goals doable, and your Whys inspiring…

Here’s one of mine:
Goal: I am going to write a new YA book (60,000ish words).
Why? I want to feel the joy of creation and completion. I want to see my words come to life on the page. I want to send it out to readers (and make their day / decade!) I want to express myself. I want to change the world. I want to take over the world!

Make the next 12 months count!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene,

    welcome to the Crusade. Yep nice to see more Kiwi's floating about.
    I love the heading on your blog, it is gorgeous.

    Just the sort of header that i would like. Blue and silver.

    Yeah the nursing experience for Day Zero is coming in handy, but my fiances day got leukemia when my fiance was a small child, so we have some 'personal experiences' with it.

    anyway just stopping by and have followed your site.

    go crusaders and good luck with you novel

    Constance
    http://precociousscribe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I will live on the heading compliment for weeks!!! Good on you for using your personal experience - I'm sure your readers will feel it through the pages :)

    ReplyDelete